Sandringham Club Site Wins Your Top 101 Sites 2010
Search Press Releases
Monday 21 June 2010
Sandringham Camping and Caravanning Club Site has emerged as the winner of Caravan and Motor Caravan magazine’s ‘Your Top 101 Sites’ Awards for 2010.
And The Club’s success did not end there with its Keswick site being placed third whilst a further 20 Club Sites also made it into the top 101.
They were: St Neots, Delamere Forest, Barnard Castle, Derwentwater, Lynton, Moreton, Folkestone, Thetford Forest, Dunstan Hill, Dingwall, Dunbar, Glencoe, Moffat, Oban, Rosemarkie, Ebury Hill, St Davids, Kingsbury Water Park, Devizes, and Blackmore.
A huge number of campers and caravanners voted for their favourite site through both magazines and during the October NEC International Caravan and Motorhome Show.
The votes were counted and the top five sites were visited by secret inspectors before a worthy winner was selected.
Verna and Chris Stansfield were the inspectors who visited The Club’s Sandringham Site in April.
In their report, they wrote: “It is a natural campsite which has been established in sympathy with its environment and into which it fits unobtrusively.
“The site is suitable for those who want to escape to the country for peace and quiet.”
Sandringham Club Site is perfectly situated in a secluded spot on the grounds of the Royal Estate.
The Estate has around 60 acres of gardens and over 600 acres of woodland. A visitor centre and a museum of royal memorabilia and vehicles are also available for campers to visit.
The site is close to the seaside resort of Hunstanton and the Sea Life Sanctuary attraction, providing something for all the family.
The Club’s Sites Director, Bob Hill, was delighted to see Sandringham pick up the prestigious accolade.
He added: “It is a real honour for The Club to receive this award. The Sandringham Site is located in a beautiful area and our Holiday Site Managers, Nigel and Sandra Farnsworth, as well as their assistants, have done a fantastic job of preserving the surrounding environment and creating a delightfully informal, peaceful haven for all campers.
“We shall continue to work hard to provide outstanding services for those who choose to visit our sites.”
To stay at Sandringham or any of The Club’s 110 award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204 email@example.com
Kim Blythe, 024 7647 5224 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site