Explore the Isle of Skye by Car with The Camping and Caravanning Club
Campers staying on the Skye Camping and Caravanning Club Site can take advantage of their new on-site car hire service, giving them every opportunity to explore the beautiful isle.
Four small cars are available for hire including a manual Vauxhall Corsa, Rover 75 , Rover 45 and an automatic Chrysler Neon. Rates start at £35 for a day’s hire, with fully comprehensive insurance included.
The Site’s Franchisees, David Weller and Nicky Sellier, set up the service after recognising a gap in the market.
David said: “Our car hire has proved to be a real hit. Many campers arrive with large motorhomes and find that having the opportunity to hire a car gives them the ability to explore the island in full.
“Our cars get booked up very quickly so we urge all campers to contact the site directly to ensure availability.”
Larger vehicles may also be hired but please contact the site to arrange availability – and don’t forget to bring your full UK driving licence!
The Skye Club Site is perfectly positioned on the right shore of Loch Greshornish. Campers have the chance to view spectacular scenery and visit a number of attractions including Dunvegan Castle, the Museum of Island Life and the famous Talisker Distillery.
From a relaxing stroll on the beach to a hike up the Cuillin mountains, Skye really does have something for everyone.
To stay on the site, bookings can be made with the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or direct with the Site on 01470 5882230 and via The Club’s website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site