Campers Kept Cosy in Thetford Pods
Campers looking for a cool, cosy night can enjoy three additional Camping Pods at Thetford Forest Camping and Caravanning Club Site.
The huge success of the initial three Camping Pods, purchased in 2009, prompted franchisees, Rob and Dawn Muggridge and Neil and Julie Purnell, to obtain a further three – due to popular demand.
Pods are the modern way to camp. Built from locally sourced timber and insulated with sheep’s wool, a comfortable night’s sleep is almost guaranteed!
Heating, electric lighting and an electric socket is also provided along with a block built BBQ area and a picnic bench.
The popular Pods have even recently featured on a GMTV competition in conjunction with The Club and Volkswagen, which involved celebrity interior designer, Anna Ryder Richardson.
Dawn Muggridge said: “The additional Camping Pods are sure to be a big success as they are a fantastic way to experience camping in a dry, fun and idyllic setting.
“Dog owners also now have the chance to experience the Camping Pods with our new specific dog-friendly Pod.
“Our site really does provide something for everyone and it’s a great place to explore the outdoors.”
Camping Pods are available throughout the camping season at Bellingham, Skye, Eskdale and Thetford Forest Club Sites.
Pod Prices at Thetford:
Standard Pod (sleeps four) - £40
Jumbo Pod (sleeps five) - £48
Bookings can be made with the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or direct with the Site on 01953 498455 and via The Club’s website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- • Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site