Lucky Prize Winner Collects California Keys
Search Press Releases
Wednesday 28 July 2010
Image available to download below
Lucky GMTV prize winner, Paula Harris has picked up the keys to her new Volkswagen California and received her exclusive Camping and Caravanning Club membership.
The VW California camper van, worth over £43,000, is the perfect home from home vehicle with everything you need to eat, sleep and live on the open road.
The exciting prizes were up for grabs as part of a week- long competition run by GMTV, presented by celebrity interior designer Anna Ryder Richardson, to celebrate National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) and The Club’s ‘New to Camping’ campaign.
All entrants had to do was answer a simple question and send their response by phone, text or through the GMTV website.
Despite millions of entries, Paula was selected as the fortunate winner and she said: “I’m absolutely speechless. I never thought I would win- these kinds of things always happen to other people.
“I’d never entered a competition before but when I saw the unbelievable prize from The Camping and Caravanning Club and Volkswagen, I couldn’t resist.
“I entered online and completely forgot about the competition until I got a call from GMTV a few weeks later. I nearly dropped my mobile phone and just started screaming. I called my Mum straight away and I think she was possibly more excited than me!
“I can’t wait to get away in the California; I did some camping when I was younger so it’ll be fantastic to be able to re-live some childhood memories. I’ve got my eye on the Clitheroe Camping and Caravanning Club Site, so hopefully I’ll be able to visit soon.”
Matthew Eastlake, The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Marketing and Communications Director said: “It has been fantastic to team up with Volkswagen and offer such an incredible prize.
“Camping continues to be a popular pastime and we hope Paula takes advantage of her Club membership to enjoy many of The Club’s 110 award-winning Sites located throughout the UK.”
Volkswagen’s Press and Public Relations Officer, John Rawlings added: “We’re so pleased to see how excited Paula is about her California and the quality of its design and specification.
“We’re sure she will enjoy the friendly camaraderie of the Volkswagen campervan community and a great new lifestyle escaping for weekends and holidays whenever she wants in her California.”
The Camping and Caravanning Club currently has half a million members and offers great benefits.
For just £39 a year, members will receive a monthly copy of Camping & Caravanning magazine, discounted rates on all UK Club Sites, access to The Club’s international travel service- Carefree, a ‘Your Big Sites Book’, ‘Your Place in the Country 2010’ and the opportunity to take advantage of The Club’s Member Services.
For more information please visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site