Club Launches Improved Wi-Fi Pricing Policy
Search Press Releases
Friday 29 January 2010
The Camping and Caravanning Club has launched a new, value-for-money Wi-Fi pricing structure ahead of the 2010 season.
In partnership with Wicoms Ltd, The Club is now able to offer wireless broadband on the majority of its Club Sites.
But, after listening to member feedback about price and usage, and having since negotiated a new deal with Wicoms, two simple tariffs have been introduced.
A 12GB Membership Access Voucher, costing £42, offers 12GB data allowance whenever you choose across the Site network (96 Sites), within a 12-month period after first log-in.
That should give users the ability to send 1,000 emails or surf the internet for 100 hours every month.
Alternatively campers can buy a One Hour Metered Access Voucher for just £5. This offers complete flexibility in that the user can log on and off for up to one month for a total online time of 60 minutes (each session is rounded up to five minutes).
Marketing & Communications Director Matthew Eastlake said: “Having listened to our members, the new passes represent a much improved and simplified offering.
“We always want to make the experience of staying on a Club Site a positive one and we are continually looking for ways to develop our on-site offerings.
“Hopefully, this new price package will help enhance that customer experience and amplify our Club Sites as must-go places to camp.”
Wi-Fi passes can be purchased via the Contact Centre when making a booking or on Site itself and will be available for the start of the season.
For further media information or images, please Contact
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)