Success for Club at Midlands PRide Awards
The Camping and Caravanning Club beat off stiff competition from some of the Midlands top PR agencies to scoop two awards at Friday evening’s CIPR Midlands PRide Awards at The Hilton Metropole in Birmingham.
The Club’s New to Camping campaign won gold in the not-for-profit category and silver in the consumer relations section much to the delight of members of the PR and marketing team, who were in attendance on the evening.
The Club’s New to Camping campaign, which is endorsed by TV Presenter Julia Bradbury and Club President and botanist David Bellamy, has raised even further the profile of camping and caravanning amongst the general public as well as helping to demystify any misperceptions about camping on Club sites.
A showcase two-day spectacle was held at Warwick Castle in June whilst the Club also teamed up with Volkswagen to give away a VW California worth over £40,000 on GMTV in the lead-up to the event. Celebrities Anna Ryder-Richardson and Ainsley Harriott fronted the competition.
A comprehensive ‘New to Camping’ area within the Club’s official website to help get people started is available via www.newtocamping.co.uk
Jon Dale, the Club’s PR Manager, was delighted to see the Club’s efforts recognised and said: “Competition was extremely tough in both of the categories but for our New to Camping campaign to be judged to be amongst the best in the UK is a tremendous achievement.
“It really was a team effort and these awards have helped cap another successful year for the Club.”
Cara Hastings, the CIPR Midlands Chair, added: “The CIPR PRide Awards recognise and reward the thriving PR profession from across the UK. They help to celebrate the importance of demonstrating the value of what we, as public relations professionals, do and the positive impact this profession has on all aspects of business.
“Being named as a CIPR PRide Award winner is a fantastic achievement and I congratulate all of this year’s winners.”
In the Midlands not-for-profit category, the Club won gold ahead of the British Heart Foundation (Red for Heart - Campaign from the Heart of England), Mansfield's Heroes Memorial Fund
(March for Mansfield's Heroes), and the PDSA PR Team
(PDSA Lend a Paw Week).
In the consumer relations section, the Club came second behind Willoughby Public Relations
(Christmas at Warwick Castle). Others shortlisted included: Bright PR (Don’t Throw It All Away), Bright PR (Killer Potholes), McCann Erickson Communications House (Parker Christmas), and Smarts (Bridgestone Driving Nation).
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 108 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)