The 'Skye' is the Limit for Award-Winning Club Site
Skye Camping and Caravanning Club Site has been voted as a National Category Award Winner in the prestigious Loo of the Year Awards 2010, held at Chesford Grange Hotel near Kenilworth.
The picturesque Club Site was entered into the ‘Holiday Parks and Camping and Touring Sites’ category and emerged as Scotland’s National Category Winner.
And the Club’s success did not end there as it also achieved a ‘Champions League’ Standard of Excellence Award.
This is presented to any organisation or local authority with 10 or more entries and winning five or more five star awards and who, in the opinion of the inspectors, are maintaining a consistently high standard in all of their entries.
Ninety per cent of Club Sites entered (19) were awarded five-star grades in the Holiday Parks and Camping and Touring Sites category.
Skye Franchisees, David Weller and Nicky Sellier, were delighted with the result and said: “We have invested over £200,000 on developing our facilities block so it’s encouraging to receive such fantastic recognition.
“The Isle of Skye is the perfect place to explore and we hope that this award entices more and more campers and caravanners to come and experience our beautiful site.”
Bob Hill, Sites Director, was also enthusiastic and added: “Our Skye Club Site is in a beautiful location and I would like to congratulate David and Nicky and their team for providing such a fantastic service.
“Both David and Nicky have worked tirelessly to bring their facilities block up to the Club’s benchmark standard and they have clearly exceeded expectations.
“This is another brilliant coup for the Club and these results really reflect how much time and effort our Holiday Site Managers, Assistants and Franchisees have dedicated to providing clean and inviting facilities for our members.”
The Loo of the Year Awards and associated Attendant of the Year Awards for cleaning staff have been identifying the best in Britain since 1987 and set the standards for all those who provide ‘away from home’ facilities for staff, customers and visitors.
Every entry received an unannounced visit from an authorised Loo of the Year Awards Inspector and was assessed against over 100 judging criteria including signage and décor, fixtures and fittings and overall standards of cleanliness and management.
For more information visit: www.loo.co.uk
To stay at Skye or any of the Club’s 108 award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
Alternatively, to book a pitch on a Forest Holidays Caravan and Camping Site, telephone: 0845 130 8224 or 0247 642 3008 or book via the website: www.forestholidays.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 108 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- • Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- • Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- • Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- • David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- • David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- • David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- • David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- • Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- • Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- • AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- • Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- • Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- • Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- • Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- • Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- • Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- • Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)