Usher in Advent with a Carefree Christmas Market Tour
Available to download below
Welcome in the Christmas season and enjoy a festive escorted tour of German Christmas Markets with The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Worldwide Travel Service, Carefree.
The eight-day tour departs on December 5, 2010 and travels around Germany’s most vibrant, traditional Christmas Markets before returning on December 12.
Club Tour guides, Geoff and Jennie Dawson, will lead campers around world famous markets including Cologne and Rüdesheim-am-Rhein plus the tour will travel off the beaten track to rural areas such as the quaint town of Ahrweiler.
The Club’s Travel Services Director, Richard Grimsdale, is certain the trip will be a resounding success and he said: “Our Christmas Market Tour is the perfect way to experience the German Christmas celebration.
“Marvel over the picturesque web of twinkling lights, smell the spicy haze of Glühwein and enjoy the morish scent of slowly roasting almonds to truly get into the festive spirit.
“Our Carefree holidays are tailor-made to cater for all of our members’ needs from insurance, booking ferries and campsites to a fully inclusive holiday.
“So seize the opportunity and book your spot to soak up the local culture, make new friends and buy those last minute Christmas gifts!”
The trip costs just £675 which is based on two people sharing a caravan or motorhome. It also includes the cost of ferry travel.
Carefree is also partnering with DFDS Seaways to offer members the choice of two additional Christmas Market Cruise Breaks.
Members can enjoy a four-night Christmas Market break to Bruges from just £214 per person. The tour departs on November 29 and December 4 and 13, 2010.
DFDS Seaways are also offering a four-night Christmas Market Cruise break to Cologne. The tour departs from Newcastle on December 3, 11 and 18, 2010 and costs from £242 per person.
For further information, telephone 0845 130 7701 and 024 7642 2024 or via The Club’s website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/travelabroad
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site