I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for Ice Cream!
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Certificated Site at Rowlestone Court Farm has picked up several Gold Stars for its delicious ice creams and sorbets at the Great Taste Awards this summer.
Four products entered by Rowlestone Farmhouse Ice Cream earned a Gold Star in their category: Mascarpone and Caramel Iced Pecan Nut, Malt Whiskey and Orange Marmalade, and Honeycomb ice creams and Raspberry sorbet.
The Great Taste Awards attract over 4500 entries each year and are run by the Guild of Fine Foods, which launched the awards in 1993.
Mark Williams, of Rowlestone Farmhouse Ice Cream, says, “We’re chuffed to bits as it’s our first attempt at this most prestigious of food competitions and the business is still only some three and half years old.”
Between eight and sixteen judges taste each product before a star is awarded. The judges include buyers, retailers, chefs and food writers, who blind taste each entry.
To book a pitch at Rowlestone Court Farm, please visit www.siteseeker.co.uk or call 01981 240322. For more information about Certificated Sites, please visit www.certsites.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- Five ‘Van Site Certification - The Law: Under the Town and Country Planning General Development Order 1977, sites accommodating no more than five caravans can be granted an exemption certificate which exempts them from the provisions of the Public Health Act 1936 and the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site