Scottish Region Hosts National Feast of Lanterns
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s largest and most prestigious camping rally, The National Feast of Lanterns 2010 (NFOL) is to be held at Balado Park, near Kinross.
Based in the Scottish region, NFOL 2010 will run from Thursday, August, 19 to Monday, August, 23
Balado Park has around 85 acres of grass and woodland with an additional eight acres of hard standing and sheltered areas, ensuring campers will never be more than 500 metres away from the thick of the action.
Free entertainment is provided including live shows, bands, discos - plus a spectacular headphone disco and a thrilling opportunity to skate on an outdoor ice rink!
Chairman of the Scottish Region and the NFOL 2010 organising committee, Billy Martin, is excited about the event.
He said: “NFOL 2010 is all set to be a showcase extravaganza and Balado Park is the perfect location. It is in a beautiful area, yet close to main roads providing campers with every opportunity to access the event easily.
“This year’s theme is theatre and we would encourage everyone to get into the NFOL spirit. Participate in the Mardi Gras Parade, light up your units or just sit back and enjoy the atmosphere and spectacle.
“After three and a half years of planning, NFOL 2010 is sure to be a resounding success."
The Club’s Director General, Robert Louden, added: “The NFOL organising committee has worked tremendously hard to arrange such a fantastic four days and I am looking forward to a fun-packed event.”
The rally kicks-off with a live show at 7pm on the main stage on Friday, August 20.
For more information visit: www.nfol-2010.co.uk or www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site