Holidays for Hounds
Search Press Releases
Thursday 05 August 2010
Dog lovers can give their pet a holiday from heaven at Lakeside Certificated Site at St Clears, Carmarthenshire – with a full dog ‘playground’ available!
Site Owner Huw Jones breeds gundogs and runs agility courses, so is happy for owners to make use of his agility playground whilst on his site. Two-legged visitors can also expect a fantastic stay, with fire pits, barbeques and picnic tables on each pitch as standard. There is also a fully-stocked two acre fishing lake for visitors to enjoy.
Huw says of his site “When we set up the site we wanted people to be able to really relax and enjoy themselves. We enjoy camping ourselves, and obviously have an interest in canines, so we wanted to make sure that everyone coming could have fun, including the dogs!
“The site itself is beautiful too – from the end of August we will be offering campers a full shower block – we already have toilets on site. We’ll also be offering wildlife excursions around the site which we hope campers will enjoy.”
To book a pitch at Lakeside Certificated Site please visit www.siteseeker.co.uk or call 01994 231229. For more information about Certificated Sites please visit www.certsites.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- Media opportunity - Mr Jones would like to invite journalists to stay at his site free of charge for a weekend break. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your stay.
- Five ‘Van Site Certification - The Law:Under the Town and Country Planning General Development Order 1977, sites accommodating no more than five caravans can be granted an exemption certificate which exempts them from the provisions of the Public Health Act 1936 and the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site