Club Site Wins Practical Motorhome Magazine Award
Search Press Releases
Monday 02 August 2010
Hereford Camping and Caravanning Club Site has been voted the leading and most friendly site in the Heart of England Region by Practical Motorhome Magazine readers.
The Club’s success continued into the publication’s overall top 50 sites with Hereford finishing an impressive ninth whilst the Bellingham Camping and Caravanning Club Site also made it into the top 50, being placed 15th.
With just seven regional awards and one overall winner award up for grabs, it is another fantastic coup for The Club.
Hereford Club Site Franchisee, Bill Sayer, was ecstatic to receive such a celebrated accolade and he said: “We are delighted with this award. It is a wonderful vote of confidence from our guests considering the short amount of time we’ve been open and we’d like to thank them for their votes.
“As a site, we look to accommodate all campers and we hope this award encourages others to come and experience our facilities and enjoy our idyllic location this summer.”
The Club’s Site’s Director, Bob Hill, added: “It is an honour for The Club to receive such recognition. We are the only Club to stand in Practical Motorhome Magazine’s top 50 and the only Club to actually have two sites represented - it really is a brilliant result!
“Both of our Hereford and Bellingham Club Sites are in beautiful locations and franchisees; Bill and Lynn Sayer and Barry and Carole Howard, have really have worked hard to provide exceptional customer service and deserve this acknowledgment.”
The site awards were run as part of Practical Motorhome Magazine’s ‘Motorhome of the Year’ awards to celebrate the publication’s 100th edition.
To stay at Hereford, Bellingham or any of The Club’s 110 award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site