Club Develops Social Media Network
The Camping and Caravanning Club has expanded its social media network by adding a Facebook account and a WordPress blog to its online range of services.
The Club already has an account with micro-blogging site, Twitter (www.twitter.com/campandcaravan) but has since strengthened its online resources to help increase engagement with members and non-members whilst driving traffic through to its own website.
The additional social media channels will provide campers and caravanners with key opportunities to learn about The Club’s latest news, events and offers whilst also providing an outlet for people to express their opinions and discuss all aspects of the great outdoors.
The Club’s Marketing and Communications Director, Matthew Eastlake, is enthusiastic about the progression.
He said: “As the social medium continues to grow, it has become increasingly important for The Club to connect with its members and non-members through a variety of interactive platforms.
“Our Facebook, Twitter and WordPress blog pages offer an outlet for campers to increase their knowledge of The Club and share their views.
“These sites will provide us with an additional resource to further understand people’s needs.”
You can become a fan of The Camping and Caravanning Club by visiting and clicking the ‘like’ button at: www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub. The Club’s blog can also be viewed at: www.thefriendlyclub.wordpress.com
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site