The Ultimate African Experience
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s very own Motorhome Touring Holidays, Southern Africa Discovery Tour is proving to be a soar away success.
The 36-day escorted trip has already captured the imagination and the spirit for adventure of The Club’s members and only has a small number of Motorhome places left on this ground-breaking tour.
The tour will take place from April 1 to May 7, 2010 and en route will take in some of the world’s most spectacular scenery.
Arriving in Johannesburg, South Africa, the tour will travel north into Botswana, where those involved will be able to explore the bird and big game reserves plus enjoy a sunset cruise on the Chobe River.
Zambia and the famous town of Livingstone, situated at the famous Victoria Falls, is the tour’s next port of call before entering Namibia.
Travelling north to south, sights will include the country’s national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, the Popa Falls, Sesriem Canyon, the Fish River Canyon – claimed to be the world’s second largest canyon – and the world famous sand dunes, also reputed to be the largest in the world.
The final stage of the tour to Cape Town explores South Africa’s West Coast region and wineries before a farewell dinner on the Spier Wine Estate.
Travel Services Director Richard Grimsdale said: “The idea for this trip came from the massive success of our 33-day escorted tours of South Africa this past year, which has since seen us operate additional tours to keep up with the demand.
“It truly is an exceptional itinerary and is certain to leave those involved with a whole host of memories that they will treasure for the rest of their lives.”
The price of £5,420 is per adult for two adults sharing a Discoverer 4 Motorhome and is inclusive of flights.
For further information or to book your place visit motorhome touring holidays or call 0845 130 7701.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site