Holiday Home Sales Defy Economic Slowdown
Business is continuing to boom for The Camping and Caravanning Club as holidaymakers keep swapping foreign shores for the great British outdoors.
Advanced booking figures and occupancy rates on Club Sites across the network continue to impress following one of The Club’s most successful years on record, with an additional 46,000 bookings having been made since November compared to the same period last year.
And Holiday Home sales are also defying the current economic downturn. Sales on Holiday Homes are up over 50 per cent on this time last year, meaning that The Club achieved its yearly target in just six months.
In particular, the Club has seen a 66 per cent increase in Holiday Home sales at its Windermere Site and a 50 per cent rise at its Scone Site in Scotland.
Meanwhile, all available Homes have been sold at Lakeside in the Lake District.
And Sites Director Bob Hill feels that there is more to the significant sales figures than just good fortune.
He said: “The Club has worked extremely hard to make sure that its Holiday Homes offer the best of the outdoor adventure, as well as good value for money.
“We are really pleased to see that our sales have risen so phenomenally in what are essentially testing times for most businesses.
“We have never sold any of our Sites in over 108 years; giving owners complete peace of mind that they will always be dealing with one trusted company.”
There are also plans to further develop the Homes network for 2010 to cope with unprecedented demand.
With stunning locations ranging from sheltered woodlands in Nairn to the rolling hillsides of Charmouth, the Holiday Homes are becoming increasingly popular.
Exclusive Lodges are available at six premier locations – Boroughbridge, Derwentwater, Lakeside, Rhandirmwyn, Tarland and Winchcombe. For more information please visit exclusivelodges.co.uk or call 0844 770 6860.
Caravan Holiday Homes from The Club are available at Charmouth, Derwentwater, Nairn, Scone, Tarland, Troutbeck and Windermere. For more information visit clubholidayhomes.co.uk or call 0844 770 6860.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site