Club revamp for 'Your Place in the Country' guide
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s popular Your Place in the Country guide has adopted a new travel size format for 2010.
The 176-page compact edition is again packed full with information to help people enjoy their camping experience and make the most of the outdoors.
Sites Director Bob Hill said: “Over the years members have asked why we can’t produce a smaller, lighter book that’s easier to store when travelling around the country.
“So we’ve taken their comments on board and revamped the guide accordingly. We hope campers like it.”
All 110 Club Sites are incorporated including the brand new Site at Gulliver’s Milton Keynes, which is scheduled to open at Easter.
The 90-pitch Site is adjacent to the theme park and Dinosaur and Farm Park and is being built using environmentally-friendly methods including rainwater harvesting systems and solar panels.
There will also be a number of Camping Pods on Site; ideal for those looking for an alternative camping experience.
Hill added: “Both Gulliver’s and ourselves are family friendly organisations who are constantly striving to improve their respective products and services and this latest venture is certain to appeal to families who want that special adventure at a reasonable price.”
Club Members, who will receive their free copy with November’s issue of Camping & Caravanning Magazine, can book their 2010 pitch from November 5, 2009 either online, by phone or post.
- Ends -
For a complimentary copy of the guide, please email Helen Sutton using our Press Contact form.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning Sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site