The Camping and Caravanning Club Welcomes McCann Erickson on Board
The Camping and Caravanning Club has joined forces with McCann Erickson Communications House.
The Friendly Club, which now boasts almost half-a-million members, will work together with the Birmingham-based agency as it looks to enhance its membership communications strategy for 2010 and beyond.
McCann Erickson is a fully integrated and media neutral agency, that helps clients create new demand for their brands.
The agency incorporates all marketing disciplines and will work closely with The Club’s in-house Acquisition and Retention teams.
The Club’s Marketing & Communications Director Matthew Eastlake is delighted to have welcomed McCann Erickson on board.
He said: “The Club is growing at an accelerated rate and as a result has a wide business brief.
“McCann Erickson has experience across many sectors and business models and therefore can help meet all of our needs and work with us to maximise opportunities.
“We look forward to working with the agency’s integrated team.”
Current clients of McCann Erickson Communication House include: General Motors, Harley-Davidson, Hitachi, Siemens, Mercedes-Benz, Stanley Tools, Avis and Dunlop.
Tony Holmes, Group Account Director from McCann Erickson Communications House, added: “We see a lot of exciting consumer trends feeding in to camping and caravanning and we believe The Camping and Caravanning Club is best-placed to take advantage of them.
“It’s a really exciting partnership.”
Further information on McCann Erickson Communications House can be found on their website.
- Ends -
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel ServiceWhich Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site