Club Sites Score Highly in Tourist Board Ratings
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s 109 Club Sites have again scored favourably in the latest Tourist Board star ratings released by Visit Britain.
Cannock Chase in Staffordshire and Delamere Forest in Cheshire have both been upgraded to five stars, taking the total number of five star Sites on the network to 19 (17 per cent).
These are: Barnard Castle, Blackmore, Boroughbridge, Cannock Chase, Charmouth, Delamere Forest, Delamont Country Park, Dunbar, Eskdale, Folkestone, Hereford, Kingsbury Water Park, Oswestry, Sandringham, Scarborough, Tarland, Teversal, West Runton and Windermere.
Meanwhile, Ashbourne and the Isle of Skye (new Club Sites this year), Bakewell, Dartmoor Barley Meadow, Derwentwater – Welcome Way, and Tavistock have been upgraded to four stars.
Eighty-three per cent of the Site network now boasts five or four-star status.
Sites Director Bob Hill was understandably delighted with the latest results and said: “This is not just great news for the individual Sites but also for The Club as a whole, which is continuing to move from strength-to-strength.
“It is much-deserved recognition for the efforts of the Sites team at headquarters as well as the Holiday Site Managers, Assistants and Franchisees, who are the real stars of this story and without whom these ratings could not have been achieved.
“It is their hard work and commitment that is ensuring our continued success of delivering a great service.”
Hill added: “These ratings provide the reassurance campers and caravanners need about what to expect before they arrive.”
Visit Britain’s quality ratings give people a clear indication of accommodation standard, cleanliness, ambience, hospitality, and service.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site