The Camping and Caravanning Club and Visit Peak District and Derbyshire join forces
Click on the image to download
The Camping and Caravanning Club has today forged an exciting new partnership with Visit Peak District & Derbyshire – the area’s official tourist board.
The Club currently has seven UK Club Sites – Ashbourne (new Site), Bakewell, Crowden, Hayfield, Conkers, Leek and Teversal – based in the Peak District and Derbyshire and advanced bookings on those Sites are currently 26% higher compared to this time last year.
The Club is therefore keen to continue to encourage more and more people to enjoy the outdoors and share the Camping and Caravanning Club adventure ahead of its ‘New to Camping’ Launch during National Camping and Caravanning Week (May 23 to 29).
Marketing and Communications Director Matthew Eastlake said: “Holidaying in Britain is back in vogue with the interest in both camping and caravanning having been quite incredible in recent months.
“As a Club we have so much to offer and we are always striving to help create an environment which enables tourism to flourish.
“The Peak District and Derbyshire is just one of the areas of the country that we have a large presence of UK Club Sites, Certificated Sites and Listed Sites offering an abundance of facilities and we look forward to working with the Visit Peak District team and drawing on their valued experience.
“We all feel confident that this partnership has great promise.”
Visit Peak District & Derbyshire (VPD&D) works with a variety of partners to boost occupancy levels for quality accommodation providers and bring in more customers to visitor attractions, venues, restaurants, shops and events.
David James, Chief Executive of VPD&D, added: “We are delighted that such a long-established and well-respected business as The Camping and Caravanning Club has chosen the Peak District and Derbyshire as one of its main tourism partners to work with in the UK and we look forward to a long and fruitful partnership.
“We are also pleased to back its timely New to Camping campaign. With more tourists looking for even more value-for-money and considering holidays closer to home, it couldn’t be a better time to encourage them to try out camping at one of the Club sites, and discover, or rediscover, the adventure and attractions of an invigorating break out in the open air.”
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
VPD&D PR Executive Janette Sykes, 0845 833 0970 or 07792 924839 email@example.com
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year runner up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
For further information on Visit Peak District & Derbyshire visit the website