The Camping and Caravanning Club reveals new Your Big Sites Book
New Your Big Sites
Book - Out Now
The latest edition of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s ‘Your Big Sites Book’ has been unveiled.
The UK’s most comprehensive campsite guide, exclusive to Club members, is packed with almost 4,000 sites across the UK and Ireland.
Whether your preference is for a full facility site or something a little more remote, Your Big Sites Book will have a pitch to suit all tastes.
The widely-recognised guide includes all 109 UK Club Sites, 1,350 Certificated Sites, 21 Forest Holiday Touring Sites and some 2,500 Listed Sites.
The Club’s new collection of Family Friendly Certificated Sites is also incorporated into the edition.
Exempted Camping Manager Darren Whittington said: “The Club is proud to say this year that we have more Club and Certificated Sites than ever before, meaning that the camper has even more options when looking for that perfect break.
“We have also catered for different tastes by providing details of sites with fishing lakes, pubs and those with other accommodation, giving individuals the chance to get away with non-camping friends and family.”
Your Big Sites Book is free to members and will be distributed this month (March). Otherwise the price is £15 where sold.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland