The Camping and Caravanning Club joins Twitter
The Camping and Caravanning Club has signed up to the micro-blogging website Twitter.
The world’s oldest and largest Club for all forms of camping, with over 450,000 members, has set up its own account on the social networking phenomenon to help communicate even further with holiday-makers.
Marketing and Communications Director Matthew Eastlake has backed the Club’s use of Twitter
He said: “Twitter is about sharing views and exchanging ideas and it has suddenly exploded because people are curious about it.
“We have opted for a presence on Twitter to help open up new lines of communication and further improve our online interaction with those who may not currently visit our website on a daily basis.
“Our aim is to help people make the most of the great outdoors and hopefully this latest move will do just that.”
In the past 12 months there has been a 974 per cent increase in the number of UK users on Twitter.
Follow The Camping and Caravanning Club on Twitter
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland