New look online Media Centre for The Camping and Caravanning Club
The Camping and Caravanning Club has unveiled its new online Media Centre.
The press area, accessible via the Club’s official website www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk, has been given a face-lift and provides a clean and clear look along with improved functionality, allowing journalists, the Club’s voluntary Public Relation Officer’s and members to find information quickly and without difficulty.
Key contacts, photographs as well as copies of all press releases, brand books and Club statistics are also available to view and download from within the Media Centre.
The revamp comes following the appointment of Jon Dale as the new Public Relations Manager at the start of the year.
The Club’s Marketing & Communications Director Matthew Eastlake said: “The Club is committed to working with media organisations to ensure that our activities are accurately reported to wider audiences, as we encourage people to share the outdoor adventure.
“The Media Centre revamp is another important development for The Camping and Caravanning Club and is one of the many ways of continually improving our services.”
The Media Centre is available at www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/mediacentre
The official Club website receives approximately 150,000 unique visitors every month.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
2. National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
3. National awards include:
• Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
• Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
• MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
• Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
• David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland