Escape abroad with Freedom Camping
Search Press Releases
Thursday 05 March 2009
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Freedom Camping 2009 publication has reached new heights this year.
The unbeatable value-for-money, low season touring selection of sites in Europe has risen to a record 165.
The Club’s Freedom Camping network now extends to countries including Slovenia, the Republic of Ireland and Italy whilst there is now much improved coverage in Spain.
As a Freedom Camper, you can simply tour as you please and pay as you go during periods before June 30 and after September 1 – and on some sites up to July 3 or from August 29.
Each Freedom Camping guide costs £11.99 and includes with it 30 discount vouchers. There is no limit to the number of nights of discount members can enjoy. Thirty additional vouchers cost just £2.99.
Alternatively the guide together with 30 vouchers can cost only £5.99 when taken as an add-on to any Channel crossing or insurance package purchased through the Club’s Carefree Travel Service.
Travel Services Director Richard Grimsdale said: “For 2009, we have once again increased and refreshed the programme for our members and as a result of this continued development, Freedom Camping has more than trebled in popularity in the last three years.
“With the pound’s current weakness against the Euro, our best available price promise on these 165 sites is certain to help minimise the cost of camping abroad during these uncertain economic times.”
Freedom Camping can only be purchased by contacting Carefree on 0845 130 7701 or 024 7642 2024.
For further information visit the Freedom Camping page
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
Carefree Travel Service is now using the name Motorhome Touring Holidays for all its escorted and tailor-made fly-drive motorhome holidays – visit the Motorhome Touring Holidays website page