Record figures for Club website
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s New to Camping website has proved to be an immediate hit.
As part of the campaign, which incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays; a comprehensive area within the Club’s official website to help get people started went live on Monday, May 18.
And only a day after the launch, the website’s daily unique visitor figure reached an all time high of 12,135.
Meanwhile, the overall unique visitors figure for May was the highest achieved to date at over 201,000, exceeding the previous record of 200,000 in July 2008.
Marketing and Communications Director Matthew Eastlake is delighted with the latest figures.
He said: “It is no coincidence that we have seen a large increase in unique visitors since the launch of our New to Camping microsite and the statistics only reaffirm the upsurge in interest in camping since the turn of the year."
“New to Camping is a back-to-basics guide for those who are either new to camping this summer or those who haven’t experienced the adventure with their family and friends for a number of years."
“Campers are becoming increasingly sophisticated, using a variety of sources to make their holiday decisions."
“By giving people free access to our New to Camping website which has basic information on tents, caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents, accessories and more allows them that flexible choice that they are looking for."
“We have been delighted by the many favourable comments we have already received about the new site and hope it continues to flourish over the coming months as more people opt for an enjoyable and cost-efficient option in the countryside.”
Campers can access the new site by logging on to www.newtocamping.co.uk or by following the links via www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year. www.nccw.co.uk
- National awards include:
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service