New to camping launch is a winner
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s exciting New to Camping launch at Warwick Castle last Thursday has been heralded a success.
The event took place during National Camping and Caravanning Week (May 23 to 29) with The Club targeting ‘first-timers’ due to the unprecedented surge in popularity this summer.
As part of the New to Camping campaign, which incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays; a comprehensive area within the Club’s official website to help get people started went live on Monday, May 18.
Visit the New to Camping website.
More than 6,000 people flocked through the turnstiles of the medieval castle on the day with the Pageant Field playing host to an array of quality tents supplied by some of the industry’s leading manufacturers.
Camping experts were on hand to answer any questions whilst face-painters, goody bags, a bouncy castle and an inflatable slide kept the hoards of children entertained.
Television Presenter Julia Bradbury officially opened the event in front of the assembled media and has been quick to officially endorse the initiative.
She said: “It’s great to see a Club of this size taking the lead in a hugely competitive industry and encouraging people to get out camping with their family and friends.
“The New to Camping website is going to help a lot of people get started on their adventure and what better way to connect with nature, embrace the outdoors and have some fun, than camping?”
The Club’s advanced booking rate is currently up 23 per cent on this time last year and a bumper season is predicted.
The Club’s Director General Robert Louden added: “As a Club we are passionate about the outdoors and we hope that our new campaign will give us as well as industry suppliers the opportunity to promote camping and caravanning as the great British holiday.
“Camping is a fantastic way to experience the British countryside whilst our network of Sites feel that they play a key role in helping to keep local communities buoyant.
“Hopefully, we’ll have a summer to remember.”
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year. www.nccw.co.uk
- National awards include:
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service