The Camping and Caravanning Club teams up with Countryman Fairs
The Camping and Caravanning Club has agreed a deal with Countryman Fairs to operate their Show Campsite at the popular Kelmarsh Country Fair over Easter (April 12 and 13th).
Now in its 23rd year, Kelmarsh Country Fair attracts a fusion of devoted country sports enthusiasts and those seeking a great family day out to the first true game fair of the year.
The 200-pitch campsite, which will be open from April 10 to 14 inclusively, will have drinking water, chemical disposal points, toilets, showers, and electric hook-ups (extra charge) whilst evening entertainment will also be provided on April 11 and 12.
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Membership Activities Manager, Damien Field, is delighted that The Club have been able to extend its services to the Kelmarsh Show.
He said: “Kelmarsh Country Fair is fast becoming one of the major events in the countryside calendar and as a Club we are delighted to be lending our support.”
Campers, both members and non-members, can book a pitch via telephone 0845 130 7257 or by downloading a booking form from www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/kelmarshshow
The Club are also selling show tickets in advance, for which visitors receive a 20 per cent discount.
The Camping and Caravanning Club will also be running the Show Campsite at the Midland Game Fair in September.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has over 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland