New Sites become part of Club Network
There are six new Camping and Caravanning Club Sites opening their doors to campers in 2009, boosting the Club’s network to 109 sites.
With an unprecedented interest in UK Camping and Caravanning this year, the new sites will give new and experienced campers more choice than ever. Adding an additional 170 pitches to the network, the Club will be able to offer almost 17,000 pitches nationwide in 2009.
Corfe Castle is positioned at the foot of the Purbeck Hills and is the gateway to many beautiful walks and the award-winning beaches of Dorset are within easy reach.
Tavistock in Dartmoor lies to the west of the famous National Park. Exploration is the order of the day at this site, with paths, lanes and river views all accessible by foot. Nearby attractions make this site a treat for everyone.
Polstead in Suffolk will give conservation lovers a treat, as it is situated on the edge of a well known conservation area. With opportunities for both relaxation and nearby activities in this stunning area of the country, you will never be lost for things to do!
Dartmoor Barley Meadow will take your breath away with majestic wooded valleys and wind- swept tors as standard. To the East of the National Park, the family will find a variety of attractions at their fingertips.
Ashbourne in Derbyshire is perfectly sited for enjoying the peaks and dales of the area. With excellent local events and activities, you can construct your perfect holiday, whether this is arts, wildlife or history.
Skye, on the Isle of Skye, at the shore of Lock Greshornish, provides visitors with stunning scenery and dramatic history. There is plenty for all the family to do, from Otter spotting to a tour of the Talisker Distillery. Keep your eyes peeled for the area's famous Highland Cattle!
All of our new sites meet the high standards associated with our existing network. The Club continues to push the boundaries of quality camp sites in the UK, receiving national recognition through multiple awards each year. It continues to invest in and maintain the places favoured by holidaymakers.
Club Site pitches are available to members and non-members alike. The Club also has over 1,300 smaller, Certificated Sites which are a member-only benefit and provide accommodation for up to five caravans or motorhomes and as many tents as space allows, often in rural parts of the UK. The Club, in partnership with the Forestry Commission, also runs 27 Forest Holidays Sites – six of which are Cabin Sites.
For details of all new sites and opening details please refer to www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk or call 0845 130 7632.
- ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
2. National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
3. National awards include:
• MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
• Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
• David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland