New PR Manager for Camping and Caravanning Club
New PR Manager Jon Dale
The Camping and Caravanning Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Jon Dale as their new Public Relations Manager.
Jon took up the post on January 6 and will oversee and co-ordinate the Club’s day-to-day PR operation as it continues to move from strength to strength.
Jon has over 10 years of experience within the journalism/public relations industry having previously worked for a range of newspapers including The Hinckley Times and Leicester Mercury before spending the last five years as Communications & PR Executive at Leicester City Football Club.
Jon said: “I am pleased to be joining such a rapidly growing organisation and hopefully the experience and enthusiasm I have gained over the years within the press and public relations field will only benefit the Club during what are hugely competitive times within the industry.
“I have a passion for the outdoors, and having worked within a club environment previously, I will be using all of my knowledge to help deliver both informative and positive coverage on The Friendly Club and its crucial and intensifying role within the holiday market.”
Matthew Eastlake, Director of Marketing & Communications, added: “This is a new industry for Jon and he is excited by the challenge and opportunity of both promoting the great British holiday whilst helping to build and develop upon the good work that the Club undertakes.”
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has over 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
- MMM Camping and Caravanning Site of the Year 2009
- Out & About Magazine Best Camping and Caravanning Club Site 2008 – Damage Barton Site
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland