The land of the midnight sun awaits Camping and Caravanning Club members
The Camping and Caravanning Club is offering members a unique once-in-a-lifetime escorted circular tour of Iceland through the summer solstice.
The Club’s popular worldwide travel service (Carefree), which operates in 25 countries, has this year extended its services to the picturesque Land of the Midnight Sun.
The 25-day trip, which leaves from Harwich and travels via Denmark, will also include a weekend stopover in the Faroe Islands. It will take place from June 14 to July 8, 2009.
Beginning and ending at the port of Seyoisfjorour, the itinerary takes members anti-clockwise around the Vikings’ thermal, volcanic and glacial wonderland and includes a Reykjavik City Tour and visit to the National Museum.
And there has never been a better time to visit Iceland with the country’s financial difficulties having hit the value of the Krona in recent months.
A pound now fetches approximately 170 Krona compared with 120 this time last year, meaning the North Atlantic island’s reputation for being expensive is no longer justified.
The Club’s Travel Services Director Richard Grimsdale is therefore predicting a boom in travel to Iceland.
He said: “Iceland has suddenly become one of the cheaper places to go on holiday in Europe and we have therefore had an enormous amount of interest in this exclusive package.
“From personal experience, Iceland is a one of the most beautiful countries in the world and is a friendly, clean and safe destination where most people speak good English.
“This adventure, in the good company of other Club members, is one not to be missed.”
Prices start from £4,125 for a motorhome up to 7m long and up to 3.1m high together with two people and from £4,510 for a caravan up to 6m long and up to 2.5m high plus two people. Ferry crossings are also included in the package price.
For further information or to book your place call Carefree Travel Service at The Camping and Caravanning Club on 0845 130 7701 or 024 7642 2024.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National awards include:
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland