It's all systems go for Polstead Club Site
Polstead Club Site
Polstead Camping and Caravanning Club Site will open its doors for the first time tomorrow (Saturday, February 14).
After months of preparation and hard work, franchisees Greg and Karen Baines and their four children are now looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead.
The Suffolk-based Site sits on the edge of a conservation area with the picturesque village of Polstead just a mile away.
Karen said: “This change in lifestyle has been a fantastic experience for all of us and we are really excited about providing both members and non-members with the opportunity to relax in the Suffolk countryside.
“Both Greg and myself enjoyed 20 good years of teaching prior to this but as a family we have always enjoyed that outdoor adventure, and that’s really the main reason why we opted for a change in lifestyle.
“There has certainly been a lot of hard work involved and living in a five-berth caravan as a family for five weeks wasn’t easy whilst we waited for our park home to be delivered.
“But it has all been worth it and we cannot wait to get started.”
The south Suffolk cycle route is easily accessible from the Site, Wi-Fi and electricity are also available.
There are 50 pitches per night available and non-members are welcome.
For further information and prices contact 01787 211969, visit the Polstead SiteSeeker page or telephone the National Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
• MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
• Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
• David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
- Greg and Karen Baines are available for interview and for photographs. Please contact 01787 211969.