Cast on to a Club Site
Camper Mr Kerr was more than delighted to hook a 33lb common carp whilst holidaying at The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Hereford Site.
The monster catch was made near the end of the camping season, however many campers young and old alike have had their own ‘catch of the day’ at the on-site pond – providing the opportunity to combine a love of fishing with a family break or holiday. Two campers have won prizes from Anglers Mail with pictures of fish they caught at the Hereford site.
Lynn Sayer, Franchisee for the site, says “We were really pleased when Mr Kerr told us about his magnificent catch. We make sure that the ponds are well tended, and stocked with a variety of fish – giving anglers the chance to enjoy a successful day’s fishing. People are always delighted to hook the larger fish but some of the smaller fish, perch, bream, roach and tench are in great condition and wonderful specimens to see.
“Mr Kerr enjoyed his stay on-site so much that he and his wife have said Hereford is to be their first holiday destination for 2010” and have already made their reservation.
Hereford Site boasts a three and a half acre fishing lake as well as 55 camping pitches, set in a relaxing rural background. The site is open from 1st March 2010, but forward bookings are available now.
For more information about the Hereford Site or to book a pitch in 2010, please visit siteseeker or call 0845 130 7633.
- Ends -
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- A pictures of Mr Kerr with his prize catch is available on request.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site