Exciting Gulliver's move for The Camping and Caravanning Club
Click on the image to download
The Camping and Caravanning Club and Gulliver’s Theme Parks have teamed up in an exciting new partnership.
An agreement has been reached that will allow The Friendly Club to run and manage a Club Site at Gulliver’s Milton Keynes.
The 90-pitch Site, open to both members and non-members, will be adjacent to the fun-packed theme park and Dinosaur and Farm Park and will be known as Gulliver’s Milton Keynes Camping and Caravanning Club Site.
The Site, the first of its kind at Gulliver’s, will include 30 hard-standing areas for units whilst a number of revolutionary Eco Camping Dens are also set to be installed.
A completion date has yet to be confirmed but work has already begun in earnest. The Site will be built using environmentally-friendly methods, including rainwater harvesting systems and solar panels.
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Sites Director Bob Hill is enthused by the project.
He said: "We are looking forward to a long and successful relationship with Gulliver’s.
"Both Gulliver’s and ourselves are family friendly companies who are constantly striving to improve its respective products and services and this latest venture is certain to appeal to families who want that special adventure at a reasonable price.
"There is a real infectious enthusiasm for this project and we cannot wait to open the Site to both members and non-members."
Gulliver’s is a family theme park designed to cater for families with children between the ages of two and 13. All of its rides and attractions are designed to offer the whole family a full day out of fun and excitement.
Julie Dalton, Managing Director of Gulliver’s, added: "We are thrilled to announce this partnership. Camping is the perfect leisure pursuit for families as it’s affordable and great fun.
"Our campers will be spoilt for choice when planning action-packed family days out thanks to the Site’s proximity to Gulliver’s Land and Dinosaur and Farm Park.
"Our Eco Dens are the ideal solution for environmentally-conscious campers or those looking for a slightly more luxurious camping experience and regular campers are catered for too so there’s something for everyone.”
To register your interest in the new Site please log on to www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/gullivers
Gulliver’s also has parks in Warrington and Matlock Bath. For further information visit: www.gulliversfun.co.uk
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service