Teversal go green with new amenity block
Teversal is setting the standard ahead of what is set to be a busy summer season at the Nottinghamshire-based Site.
Franchisees Chris and Jayne Woods have worked around the clock, whilst keeping the 126-pitch Site open, and as a result completely rebuilt the now environmentally-friendly amenity block.
The block has five shower rooms each for men and women, a family room, turbo hand-dryers and shaver sockets as well as a disabled access room, washing up, chemical disposal point, and laundry area.
And the couple, who project-managed the design themselves, are delighted with the luxury facility.
Chris said: “Rather than refurbish our facilities, we decided to take the plunge and rebuild the block to get just what we wanted and needed.
“We used our own camping experience, and our aim was to create a block that customers would find more akin to their home bathroom rather than the swimming baths and would significantly reduce our carbon emissions at the same time.
“We are shattered but chuffed with the outcome and can’t wait for a long, hot summer.”
Eco-friendly features of the block include rainwater harvesting, roof lights, light sensors, and under-floor heating.
Teversal is set in six acres of glorious countryside with the Silverhill Wood Country Park, with eight miles of walks, immediately opposite the Site, making it the perfect place for walkers and cyclists.
For more information and prices visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/teversal
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club and will take place between May 23 and 29 this year. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards include:
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
Teversal franchisees Chris and Jayne Woods are available on 01623 551838.