Online Members Area launches as Web business doubles
The Camping and Caravanning Club has launched a new online Members’ Area following a 100% increase in demand for e-booking and online information.
Amidst uncertainty in the economy, The Camping and Caravanning Club has seen demand for bookings and Club information more than double throughout the 2008 summer season, prompting the launch of a members-only internet site. The exciting new Members’ Area web pages, with exclusive offers, information and security-protected functionality, have gone live at campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/membersarea.
Website usage figures captured in July show 200,000 unique visitors were attracted to the campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk website – up from 108,000 in 2006 – plus almost 100% increase in online site bookings.
In response to this massive increase in demand, the new Members’ Area provides all The Club’s most popular services with secure login and logout buttons. Interest in The Club’s towcar and caravan matching service has ‘rocketed’ since becoming accessible through the Members’ Area, according to Club Technical Advisor Iain Geddes, and options to download the monthly events supplement Out and About, amend personal details and enter competitions have also been a hit with members.
Nev Ramsbottom, Chairman of The Camping and Caravanning Club, says: “The new area is a really exciting development for The Club, as it will give us the opportunity to provide our members with more tailored information and to further improve the service we offer.
“It is a really exciting development, with more innovative ideas to come shortly – so watch this space!”
Visit the Members' Area home page - please note you will need to Login to access the content.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and 3 Cabin Sites.
- National awards for 2007 include:
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
• Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
• Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick