Quality is the order of the day at Charmouth
Local food, drink and beautiful views are on offer at the Charmouth Camping and Caravanning Club Site this bank holiday weekend (25/26 May). As part of National Camping and Caravanning Week, The Club are showcasing their new Caravan Holiday Homes.
Holiday Homes from well respected manufacturers such as Pemberton, Cosalt, Willoughby and Atlas will be available to view, and visitors will be treated to local food such as home made biscuits, flapjacks and cakes. The Charmouth site offers beautiful countryside views and a friendly welcome – which makes this site a perfect place to re-visit, time and time again – it’s ideal for your home from home.
Mike Nicholas, Holiday Homes Sales Manager, says “This open day is a chance for anyone thinking of buying a holiday home locally to see for themselves how luxurious, spacious and affordable these Caravan Holiday Homes are. Anyone buying a Caravan Holiday Home with The Club purchases a secure investment as part of the oldest club for campers. We would strongly urge anyone with an interest to come and have a look – this is an opportunity not to be missed.”
Steve Harris, Chairman of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Sites Committee says “The Club supports local businesses throughout the UK. Research shows that, on average, each camper spends £28.80 a day on produce from local businesses – meaning that this particular site brings over £4000 a day into the local area.”
National Camping and Caravanning Week 2008 takes place from 24 – 30 May and is a celebration of all things outdoors. With a ‘wild’ theme, The Club’s network of 3 Club Sites and 44 smaller Certificates Sites in the Dorset area will be involved in a range of activities, from rallies to BBQs.
Charmouth Club Site is situated at Monkton Wyld Farm, nr. Charmouth, Dorset, DT6 6DB. For more information and a map of the site, please use SiteSeeker or call 0844 770 6860. For more information on National Camping and Caravanning Week 2008, please visit the website.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
Notes to the Editor:
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
2. Caravan Holiday Homes are now available at:
• Barnard Castle, Dockenflatts Lane, Lartington, Barnard Castle, County Durham, DL12 9DG Tel: 01833 630228
• Charmouth, Monkton Wyld Farm, nr. Charmouth, Dorset, DT6 6DB Tel: 01297 32965
• Derwentwater, Crow Park Road, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5EN Tel: 01768 772579
• Nairn, Delnies Wood, Nairn, Inverness, Morayshire, IV12 5NX Tel: 01667 455281
• Scone, Scone Palace Caravan Park, Scone, Tayside, PH2 6BB Tel: 01738 552323
• Tarland, Tarland by Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, AB34 4UP Tel: 01339 881388
• Troutbeck, Hutton Moor End, Troutbeck, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 0SX Tel: 01768 779149
• Windermere, Ashes Lane, Staveley, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 9JS Tel: 01539 821119
3. National awards for 2007/8 include:
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
• Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
• Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick