‘Glamping’ comes to Cumbria
Glamping has come to the Lake District through two exclusive Lodge sites at Derwentwater Lake. Lakeside and Derwentwater Camping and Caravanning Club Sites will be opening their doors on 24 – 26 May, showcasing these stunning holiday homes as well as local produce.
Quality oozes from these lodges, which come fully equipped with luxuries such as flat screen TVs, luxury sofas and bedding, power showers and more as standard. The open day forms part of National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) events, taking place from 24 – 30 May.
Anyone viewing these spectacular holiday homes will be treated to locally sourced food and refreshments.
Mike Nicholas, Exclusive Lodges Sales Manager, says “This open day is a chance for anyone thinking of buying a holiday home locally to see for themselves how luxurious, spacious and exclusive these Lodge Holiday Homes are. Anyone buying a Lodge Holiday Home with The Club purchases a secure investment as part of the oldest club for campers. We would strongly urge anyone with an interest to come and have a look – this is an opportunity not to be missed.”
Steve Harris, Chairman of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Sites Committee says “The Club supports local businesses throughout the UK. Research shows that, on average, each camper spends £28.80 a day on produce from local businesses – these particular sites bring over £2300 a day a day into the local area. Our campers are enthusiastic about enjoying their breaks and enjoying local products.”
National Camping and Caravanning Week 2008 takes place from 24 – 30 May and is a celebration of all things outdoors. With a ‘wild’ theme, The Club’s network of 7 Club Sites and 36 Certificated Sites in Cumbria will be involved in a range of activities, from mountain walks to on-site BBQs.
Derwentwater Camping and Caravanning Club Site is situated off Crow Park Road, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5EN. For more information and a map of the site, please visit the website or call 0844 770 6860. For more information on National Camping and Caravanning Week 2008, please visit the website.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
Notes to the Editor:
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
2. Lodge Holiday Homes are now available at:
• Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
• Derwentwater, Cumbria
• Lakeside, Cumbria
• Rhandirmwyn, Llandovery
• Winchcombe, Gloucestershire
3. National awards for 2007/8 include:
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
• Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
• Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick