Camping goes glam in Rhandirmwyn
Search Press Releases
Wednesday 21 May 2008
Rhandirmwyn Camping and Caravanning Club Site will be going back in time on 31 May/1 June to showcase their new form of ‘glamping’ – Exclusive Lodges.
The Victorian style picnic looks set to highlight the origins of The Club and takes place at the end of National Camping and Caravanning Week celebrations. Prospective buyers will be available to look around the Lodges themselves, which come fully equipped with items such as flat screen TVs, luxury sofas and bedding and power showers.
Local producers will be supplying food and refreshments for the open days – with locally baked bread and welsh cakes as well as fruit from the area. There will be a raffle and a balloon race – with all proceeds going to Colleg Elidyr.
Mike Nicholas, Exclusive Lodges Sales Manager, says “This open day is a chance for anyone thinking of buying a holiday home in the locality to see for themselves how luxurious these Lodges are. Because they are available to buy only, they really are a piece of tranquillity on one of our most beautiful welsh sites. We would strongly urge anyone with an interest to come and have a look – they have to be seen to be believed.”
Steve Harris, Chairman of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Sites Committee says “The Club supports local businesses throughout the UK, we have conducted research to show that, on average, each camper spends £28.80 a day locally – meaning that this particular site brings over £2500 a day into the locality when full. Students from Colleg Elidyr will also be attending the picnic, so this event will really showcase what The Club is all about – adventure in a local setting.”
National Camping and Caravanning Week 2008 takes place from 24 – 30 May and is a celebration of all things outdoors. With a ‘wild’ theme, The Club’s network of and 182 Welsh Certificated Sites will be involved in a range of activities, from nature walks to on-site BBQs.
Rhandirmwyn Club Site is situated seven miles from Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, SA20 0NT. For more information and a map of the site, please visit the website or call 0844 770 6860. For more information on National Camping and Caravanning Week 2008, please visit the website.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
Notes to the Editor:
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
2. Lodge Holiday Homes are now available at:
• Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
• Derwentwater, Cumbria
• Lakeside, Cumbria
• Rhandirmwyn, Llandovery
• Winchcombe, Gloucestershire
3. National awards for 2007/8 include:
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
• Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
• Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick