The Camping and Caravanning Club in Scotland in 2008
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Scottish Sites remain ever popular, and this looks set to continue throughout 2008. Advanced bookings are up throughout The Club’s network, and the 17 Scottish Sites and five Forest Holidays Sites are booking up fast.
Millarrochy Bay Camping and Caravanning Club Site have enjoyed praise at several recent award ceremonies. This stunning, 150 pitch site is situated in Scotland’s First National Park, overlooking the sparkling Loch Lomond and the breathtaking Trossachs mountain range. It has been awarded a 4* grading by the Scottish Tourist Board, and 4 pennants from The AA. The Site has also been recognised in the prestigious Loo of the Year Awards, and has been given a 5* rating.
Club members and non-members alike can enjoy over 1,500 pitches on Club Sites north of the border. A further 800 pitches are available on four Forest Holidays Sites. Forest Holidays also has a Cabin Site at Strathyre, where the majestic Ben Ledi overlooks the log cabins sited on the banks of Loch Lubnaig.
Visits to Shetland and the Orkneys are made straightforward by Carefree, the Club’s overseas travel service, with cost-effective ferry travel and the opportunity to book camp sites before you go. Carefree also supports campers and caravanners visiting Iceland and the Faroe Islands, with ferries from Scrabster and Lerwick.
As well as camping and caravanning holidays, the Club offers self-catering accommodation in Lodges at Lauder in the Borders, a few miles from Edinburgh. Caravan holiday-homes are available for sale at Nairn in Morayshire, Scone in Tayside and Tarland in Royal Deeside.
For details of all The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Sites, facilities and member benefits, please see www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk or call 0845 130 7632.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us.
Notes to the Editor:
1. For pictures of Scottish Camping and Caravanning Club Sites, or if you would like to visit, please speak to Ruth or Dawn.
2. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
3. National awards for 2007/8 include:
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
• Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
• Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick