Simply the best
Search Press Releases
Monday 18 February 2008
The Smiths - Brook House Farm
Mr and Mrs Smith of Brook House Farm, situated in the beautiful area of Middlewich, Cheshire, are the winners of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Best Certificated Site 2007 award.
The site, which only opened in 2007, had a number of nominations for their personal and friendly service, as well as for the site itself, which has been described as ‘picturesque’ and ‘peaceful’. Club Members visiting the site can even enjoy home made delights such as ice cream and delicious cakes – not to be missed!
The ‘Best Certificated Site‘ award began in 2005 as a quest to find out the members’ favourite Certificated Sites, and has proven very popular as a method of spreading the word about great sites. The competition is open to the Club’s network of 1300 Certificated Sites, also known as CSs.
Exempted Camping Committee Chairman Eric Bolderson says: “This site really is a ‘little treasure’ and has encouraged a huge response for such a new site. Mr and Mrs Smith should be proud of their achievement – they have obviously made many members’ stays unforgettable. Our Certificated Site network continues to be extremely popular, this trend looks set to continue long into the future.”
Mrs Smith said today of their win “We are delighted to be Best CS 2007, and this just goes to show what can be achieved if you go the extra mile. We work hard to make sure that the holidays experienced on our site are enjoyable for all – it’s almost like a little community. We look forward to 2008 not only bringing us new faces, but welcoming back those people who have already camped with us.”
The Club’s CSs are smaller, exclusive sites in outstanding locations, which can hold up to five caravans or motorhomes as well as tents, space permitting. Certificated Sites are only available to Club members, but those wishing to stay can often join on-site. All provide minimum facilities, including fresh water and a chemical toilet disposal point, but some offer toilets, showers, electric hook-ups and a whole lot more.
Prizes won by Mr and Mrs Smith included a two-night stay at the luxurious Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel and entry to the National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor Show, plus their plaque to confirm their winning status.
Riversway Leisure, the competition’s sponsors, supplies a wide variety of camping, caravan and motorhome accessories.
If you are interested in running your own Certificated Site, please contact the Exempted Camping team on 024 7647 5198. To book a pitch at this site, please contact 01606 592156.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
Note to Editors:
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 106 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites. Overseas travel is provided by Carefree, the Club’s award-winning, international travel service.
- Best CS 2007 will be awarded this year on Monday 18th February at The National Boat, Caravan & Outdoor Show at Birmingham’s NEC.
- National awards for 2007 include:
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
- Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
- Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
- Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
- Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick