Carefree wins top award for overseas travel
Gorges de la Nesque
According to the French Government Tourist Office, the Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 is Carefree, The Camping and Caravanning Club’s specialist overseas travel service.
Announced at the recent Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards, the award was judged by a panel of organisations which encourage overseas visitors to visit France. It’s the first time that this award has been presented to a touring caravan, motorhome or tent operator such as Carefree.
Over 50,000 campers enjoyed visiting France with Carefree during the 2007 season, a figure which was 5% higher than that of the previous year. From the stunning all-year-round appeal of the French Pyrenees to the sun drenched Mediterranean beaches and on to the indulgent Loire Valley with its rolling vineyards; the Carefree Summer 2008 brochure offers over 120 French destinations to camp. But, for thousands, camping isn’t just for the summer months, all year availability come sun or snow is what makes Carefree market leaders at what it does.
Chairman of the Club’s International Committee Chris Wells says: “This prestigious international award recognises the quality of Carefree. Carefree is in the unique position of breaking the hold of the ‘ready-pitched unit’ operators who offer holidays in France –. And with the continuous innovations we are seeing in Carefree, including the increasing numbers of French sites in its portfolio.”
From first timers to experienced hands, Carefree is a one-stop-shop travel service which offers accommodation and advice to thousands of campers every year. From low season unbeatable camp site offers, hundreds of quality places to camp, vehicle breakdown and travel insurance right down to maps and guide books can be organised. All of this, coupled with the Carefree price promise which guarantees to match or beat any ferry crossing quote provided by other travel operators on a like-for-like basis, guarantees a perfect holiday experience.
Peace of mind is assured with Carefree holidays. All sites are personally inspected by Carefree's dedicated sites team against standards agreed with The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA). Carefree is the sole camping operator to work under these standards.
For further details on all of the above plus information on all world-wide Carefree holidays and benefits click visit the Carefree pages or contact: 0845 130 7701.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us.
Notes to the Editor:
1. Picture Caption 1: Carefree Summer 2008. Picture caption 2: Be inspired to discover more of France with Carefree.
2. Carefree is a member benefit of The Camping and Caravanning Club. Membership costs £33.00.
3. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites. Through Carefree The Club sends over 75,000 people abroad each year. Destinations include Eurpope, New Zealand and, new for 2008, South Africa. Carefree also has a low season camping guide, Freedom Camping which offers up to 60% off European camp sites.
4. National awards for 2007/8 include:
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
- Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
- Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
- Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
- Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick