SiteSeeker, The Club's online camp site search facility, hits million viewings
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s SiteSeeker on-line camp site search facility is proving phenomenally popular, and has received over a million viewings since its launch in June.
SiteSeeker allows campers of all types to find their ideal campsite, whether they want to search through area, events or on the available facilities. All Club Sites and Certificated Sites are featured, meaning that the user can view over 1360 sites across the UK. Aerial views of the sites and surrounding areas are accessible, as are motorhome friendly directions to sites; Ordnance Survey coordinates and OS style maps show the local terrain.
Club Sites Committee Chairman Trevor Woodward says: “This new facility gives another opportunity for those looking for an adventure to find their perfect base. It is really encouraging that we have had so many viewings – and it shows that the web is becoming an ever more popular way of finding a great holiday destination.
“A lot of hard work has gone into making this facility easy to use, and we will continue to review and update Siteseeker in 2008. The Club is committed to helping everyone share the adventure of the outdoors.”
To see for yourself why so many people are enjoying finding their ideal site through Siteseeker, visit www.siteseeker.co.uk
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us.
Notes to the Editor:
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 106 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
2. National awards for 2006/7 include:
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Best Contact Centre Under 50 Seats in Europe at the European Call Centre Awards 2006
- Loo of the Year, Overall UK Winner 2006.
- Loo of the Year, Glencoe Site - Winner in Scotland 2006
- Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
- Camping Magazine’s readers voted Minehead Site as the Most Scenic Camp Site in Britain 2006.
- Enjoy England Excellence Awards, Sandringham Site awarded silver for 2006.
- North East England Excellence in Tourism Awards, Barnard Castle awarded bronze for 2006
- MMM’s readers voted Teversal Site as the Best Camp Site 2006.
- Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site, Keswick