Club offers convenient camping at National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor Show 2008
The Camping and Caravanning Club are once again pleased to confirm that they will be running the official camp site for the National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor Show at Birmingham’s NEC.
The Clubs camp site will be on the West Car Park at the NEC. It is open to the public from 17 to 24 February 2008. For the second time, pitches are available with or without electric hook-up, costing £18.50 or £14 per night respectively, unchanged from 2007. Run by The Club’s experienced Holiday Site Managers, the site offers campers a secure overnight pitch, with fresh water, a motorhome service point and waste disposal. Campers can visit the show and also enjoy the adventures that the Midlands has to offer.
As well as the comfort on site, visitors can also benefit from a comfort getting to the show. A luxury fleet of chauffer-driven Land Rovers will be on-hand to give campers a shuttle service to the show entrance. With five large halls – equivalent to ten full-size football pitches – to explore, the Club can make it easier on your feet.
Pitches are on sale now and are available from The Camping and Caravanning Club on telephone number 0845 130 7257. Alternatively, visit the website page for more information and a booking form.
For further information about The Camping and Caravanning Club and the sites and services it offers to Club members, visit stand 4002 at the show, call 0845 130 7632.
To find out more about the National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor Show, call the ticket hotline on 0870 730 0963 or see visit the show website.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us.
Notes to the Editor:
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 106 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
- National awards for 2006/7 include:
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Best Contact Centre Under 50 Seats in Europe at the European Call Centre Awards 2006
- Loo of the Year, Overall UK Winner 2006.
- Loo of the Year, Glencoe Site - Winner in Scotland 2006
- Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
- Camping Magazine’s readers voted Minehead Site as the Most Scenic Camp Site in Britain 2006.
- Enjoy England Excellence Awards, Sandringham Site awarded silver for 2006.
- North East England Excellence in Tourism Awards, Barnard Castle awarded bronze for 2006
- MMM’s readers voted Teversal Site as the Best Camp Site 2006.
- Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site, Keswick