Your holiday home, your choice
Search Press Releases
Tuesday 07 August 2007
For an adventure that you can re-visit throughout the year, The Camping and Caravanning Club now has six award-winning sites with caravan holiday-home plots available – choose your perfect pitch today!
Whether you want to relax in a wildlife paradise in Scotland or enjoy the mountainous views at Troutbeck, a vast array of beautiful sites could be yours to visit over and over again. As for the price – you will be surprised at just how reasonable your perfect accommodation can be.
Caravan holiday-homes are an ideal getaway from it all. People fall in love with a particular Club Site and like the idea of having a permanent base there; others appreciate the freedom to leave work behind for the weekend without needing to pack everything before a trip. For many, caravan holiday-homes are a natural progression from the comfort of towing to a home from home for all seasons.
Offering all the advantages of a second home, caravan holiday-homes come fully furnished to a high specification, with large kitchens and luxurious lounges as standard. Owners also have the peace of mind that the Club offers adventure in a safe and caring environment. You can be sure that your investment and enjoyment are of huge importance to the Club. A “no sub-letting” clause means owners will always know their neighbours, but can still allow friends and family to enjoy their holiday-home.
Sites with caravan holiday-homes include Tarland by Deeside(close to the Royal Estate at Balmoral), Nairn(on Scotland’s sunshine coast) and Scone(in the grounds of Scone Palace), all in Scotland. Keswick(at the peaceful shores of Derwentwater), Windermere(in the National Park) and Troutbeck(in the centre of walking country) are all situated in the Lake District.
Trevor Woodward, Chairman of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Sites Committee, says: “Caravan holiday-homes are becoming more popular with our members. They offer the comfort of your own home from home in the Club’s superb locations. How else, for example, would you be able to have a new holiday home in the heart of the Lake District National Park?”
For further information on caravan holiday-homes visit the web pageor call Paula Giles on 024 7647 5320.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us.
Notes to the Editor:
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 106 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has more than 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
2. National awards for 2006/7 include:
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year, Overall UK Winner 2006
- Loo of the Year, Glencoe Site - Winner in Scotland 2006
- Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
- Camping Magazine’s readers voted Minehead Site as the Most Scenic Camp Site in Britain 2006
- Enjoy England Excellence Awards, Sandringham Site awarded silver for 2006
- North East England Excellence in Tourism Awards, Barnard Castle awarded bronze for 2006
- MMM’s readers voted Teversal Site as the Best Camp Site 2006
- Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site, Keswick
- Best Contact Centre Under 50 Seats in Europe, European Call Centre Awards 2006