Ten ways to save on your motorhome insurance premiums
At the Camping and Caravanning Club we are committed to ensuring that our members have the right motorhome insurance cover for their needs, so that should they need to make a claim they don’t discover that they weren’t adequately covered. However, we also recognise that price is important to our members, so we have put together some tips to help keep your insurance premiums down.
Our insurance arm, Club Care Insurance, has been providing motorhome insurance for over 30 years and is committed to providing optimum cover and service. Below are ten ways to reduce your premiums with Club Care:
- If you travel to Europe with your motorhome then Club Care’s motorhome insurance is perfect for you as it includes free cover for up to 365 days in the EU.
- Being a member of The Camping and Caravanning Club you will automatically receive a 5% discount on your insurance premiums.
- State how often you use your motorhome when getting a quote as if you don’t travel many miles in it each year Club Care will give you a low-mileage discount.
- If you have built up a good no claims bonus on your car insurance then ask Club Care if they are able to match this with your motorhome policy. You don’t need to have your car insured with them to do this.
- Consider the named drivers that you have listed on your policy. Club Care base their premiums on the youngest or least experienced driver listed on the policy, but if they very rarely drive the motorhome then consider whether they need to be on the policy or if someone else could be driving instead.
- Most of us are concerned about the safety and security of our motorhome so add items such as locks, alarms and tracking systems to protect it. As well as giving you peace of mind, these devices can save you up to 10% on your premiums.
- Reconsider the value of your Motorhome each year to ensure you aren’t insuring your motorhome for more or less than it is actually worth.
- Consider taking a motorhome manoeuvring course as this will earn you a discount on insurance premiums. The Camping and Caravan Club offer one-day courses that may earn you a discount on motorhome insurance policies as well as making you a safer driver!
- Consider where your motorhome is stored, as high-risk postcodes command much greater premiums than low-risk ones. City centre postcodes have higher insurance premiums associated with them, so by storing your motorhome in a rural storage centre such as a CaSSOA site you could save vast amounts on your policy. Also by keeping your motorhome off a public road when parked overnight and either garaged or on your driveway could save you pounds.
- If you are considering purchasing a new motorhome then opt for one with a smaller engine size, as Club Care, like many insurers, offer cheaper premiums for smaller engines.