If you have any questions about franchising with the Club, take a look at the information below to find answers to some of the more common questions we receive.
If you need any more information please call us on 08701 287 240.
It is important to assess your suitability to becoming a franchisee prior to making any decision regarding the Camping and Caravanning Club franchise.
The failure rate for new start up businesses within a five years period is approximately 90%, whilst in franchising it is less than 10 percent. This means a SUCCESS RATE of 90%. This demonstrates that franchising is indeed safer than starting your own business, but it is important to understand that even as a franchisee, you are effectively going into business on your own.
As part of your evaluation process you should consider each of the following questions, ensuring you take time to undertake a full and frank review of your skills and abilities.
- What am I looking for in the new business and can I achieve it?
- Do I understand what franchising is and what is involved?
- Am I qualified physically and mentally to be self employed?
- Am I at the right age to run my own business and recoup my investment?
- Am I able to employ and manage staff?
- Have I got enough money to start the business and fund it in the initial stages?
- Do I have the confidence and nerve to survive setbacks?
- What skills will I be taking with me into the campsite franchise?
- What gaps to I need to focus on in my personal development plan?
- Am I at my best with mental and physical tasks?
- Do I mix well with people?
- Do I have the commitment for hard work?
- Am I prepared for long and unsociable hours?
- How will the family adapt to the changes and interruptions with family time?
- Am I prepared to risk all my assets?
- How well will the family cope with the stresses involved in running the franchise?
- Will the business be challenging enough for you?
- Am I able to capitalise on the opportunity?
- What am I looking to achieve from my business?
No. The franchise scheme is open to existing site and land owners who feel that they would benefit from becoming a "UK Club Site" and also to people without experience who are looking to enter the sector. In order to process the application from an existing site owner, we will evaluate your site to ascertain whether it will complement our existing site network. For new entrants to the sector, the Club will work with you and help to identify suitable sites for acquisition.
No. However, we can guide you through the key funding decisions and introduce you to key lending institutions who have a working knowledge of the Club and its Franchise system.
The Club is flexible on the size of the site, depending on location. Generally, all sites should be at least 50% touring pitches. In our business model, a site should have a minimum of around 60 touring pitches.
The initial term of the franchise agreement is ten years and all franchisees have a right to renew for an additional ten years at the expiration of this period at no additional charge, except a nominal amount to offset the franchisor's legal costs.
This will depend to a large extent on the acquisition costs of the site you intend to run as a Club Site and will depend on the location, size and condition of the site. To acquire a site on a freehold or leasehold basis, we estimate that you will need to be able to invest a minimum equity stake of £400,000.
The balance of your funding requirements should in most cases be available by way of a business loan or mortgage from one of the major banks, through one of the special financing packages we have negotiated.
Interested in franchising?
If you think that franchising with the Club is for you, complete our online enquiry form.
Alternatively if you have any additional questions please call 08701 287 240