A great base to discover the South of Ireland
A most welcoming and tranquil site, set in an 18th century stable complex with spacious enclosed grounds and courtyard sitting area, near Tipperary, 15 miles from the Rock of Cashel (one of Ireland's most spectacular landmarks), and near many other historical sites. The site is great for visiting Ireland's inland mountains and lush valleys - on foot (woodland walks from the campsite gate), by car, or by bike - or just for relaxing in the peace and quiet of the site. At the end of the day you have the choice of the on-site restaurant, or of numerous restaurants and pubs nearby or in Tipperary town.
- Set in the Glen of Aherlow, on the edge of a forest overlooking the Galtee Mountains
- Tipperary six miles, Roc of Cashel 19 miles, Limerick 31 miles, Cork 50 miles, Rosslare 112 miles, Dublin 114 miles
- High season – a great base to discover the South of Ireland without the crowds; perfect for those who enjoy hiking, walking and cycling; busy during Irish Bank Holidays
- Low season – quiet on site with minimal facilities, lots to do in the area, busier during Easter and Bank Holiday periods, but not crowded
- Owned and run by the Stanley family
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
No dedicated accessible facilities
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Open pitches; most with electricity (6 amps), some hardstandings; among clusters of trees and shrubs
Restaurant with wine and beer licence (with dinner)
Motorhome service point
Washing machine and drier
Wi-Fi not on pitches (free)
The site was off the road, therefore, restful. The facilities were good and maintained in good state of repair. On arrival, Reception told us there was plenty of room therefore pitch wherever convenient and accessible to on-site facilities. Proprietor was friendly and approachable. We did not have time to explore the surrounding countryside but it looked inviting. Recommend the on-site restaurant, that has a good reputation, plus the village pub in Lisvarrinane, within comfortable walking distance - the Inn does not serve food, however, hospitality superb and we were immediately made welcome.
- Location: Secluded
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Peaceful break
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.