Award-winning and family-run, Cong is one of the best kept and friendliest sites around.
A stay at Cong gives you a great opportunity to discover this almost indescribably beautiful region, immortalised in John Ford’s classic, charming film ‘The Quiet Man’, starring John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara. Anglers, nature-lovers and walkers will love the opportunities available to them in the region, while those who want to relax will enjoy the simplicity of the campsite itself.
- Countryside setting, between Lough Corrib and Lough Mask, just within County Mayo, on the border of County Galway and on the edge of Connemara
- Lough Corrib half a mile, Cong one mile, Galway 24 miles, Westport 26 miles
- Modern, well-kept facilities, in peaceful surroundings backing onto Ashford Castle
- High season – internationally popular and always the friendliest atmosphere
- Low season – much appreciated by all who seek outstanding countryside and a truly homely site
- Owned and run by the Collins family
- 1.7-31.8 units over 8m on request
- BBQs permitted.
No special sanitation facilities, but can use private facilities on request
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Open and part-shaded pitches, with or without electricity
Themed mini golf course
Mini cinema (The Quiet Man shown nightly at 9pm gives a great introduction to this area)
Modern wash blocks
Holiday cottages for hire
Boat rental and freshwater fishing 800m
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.