Excellent traditional-style facilities set next to a mountain river
With a range of excellent facilities for a site of this size, plus the traditional buildings hung with flowers, this is a great base for visiting the Black Forest and for making day trips to Switzerland. Staufen and its castle are very pretty, but picturesque Freiburg is nearby too – if you brave the spiral steps up into the tower of its beautiful minster, the effort is well rewarded.
- Set in a wooded valley on the edge of the Black Forest
- Freiburg 13 miles, Switzerland 33 miles, Strasbourg 65 miles
- High season – busy and popular, but relaxed on site. Easy to find peace and quiet, far from the crowds, in the hills and forests
- Low season – heated wash blocks and indoor pool; the Black Forest appeals as a year-round location
- Owned and run by the Wiesler family, English spoken
- 1.7-31.8 maximum unit length 7.5m
- BBQs permitted (only small bottles allowed for use on gas BBQs)
- Dogs welcome (payable on site €2.50 per night)
Dedicated accessible facilities
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Flat and compact pitches; open and part-shaded; with or without electricity (payable on site), some with drainage and water
Outdoor pool adjacent (smal fee)
Children's activities in high season
Tennis courts adjacent
Indoor pool with spa, sauna and fitness room
Snacks and take-away
Cycle and car hire
Older-style, well-maintained wash blocks; private washrooms for hire
Play area with communal BBQ adjacent
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.