A welcoming, third generation family site, in its 50th year and with excellent facilities, that describes itself as "the countryside near the sea".
Ma Prairie has long been a favourite among members, and in recent times has only enhanced its reputation, with the additions of the waterslide, fitness room, pool bar and stylish new reception. Here you get all the benefits of the space, peace and calm of a country campsite, the local services of the village just nearby, the rural attractions of local vineyards, markets and producers, plus the resorts of the French Mediterranean a few minutes down the road. The site is central for beach holidays and for discovering both the French and Spanish aspects of spectacular Catalonia. Subject to demand, coach excursions are run weekly to Andorra, Barcelona and other local places of interest, and throughout the season wine tasting and talks on wine-making are organised on site from the family vineyard. The medieval Cathar castles, cave paintings and prehistoric remains are highlights of this captivating region, as is a visit to the beautiful seaside artists' colony of Collioure – a paradise for lovers of art in all its forms.
- Set on the edge of the village of Canet-en-Roussillon
- Canet-Plage two miles, Perpignan eight miles, Narbonne 40 miles
- Modern facilities set on either side of a quiet road with its own crossing
- High season – a relaxed family site, lots of activities for all ages, easy access to the beach via a regular shuttle bus service
- Low season – popular but restful site, most facilities open from early in the season, an ideal time to visit fascinating French Catalonia
- Sister site to Le Haras (MED01)
- Owned and run by the Gil family, English spoken
- 2015, 11.7-17.8 minimum stay 2 nights; maximum unit length 7.5m
- BBQs permitted (gas and electric only)
- Communal charcoal BBQs.
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.