A delightful little site, with luxuriant plants and trees, convenient for day trips to the mountains or the sea
Le Haras is located in this very popular area, a pleasant oasis away from the hurly-burly of the coast and run by the welcoming Gil family. The recently redeveloped reception, bar and restaurant now open out to provide an indoor/outdoor terrace giving onto the pool and outdoor stage, making the area a great focus for site activity. A few hundred yards away in the small town of Palau you can watch glassmakers at work. Day trips can lead you to the beaches of the Roussillon coast, its vineyards, the Albères massif, Andorra and Spain, to experience all the historic sites and regional culture that French Catalonia has to offer.
- Rural setting, on the edge of the village of Palau del Vidre, five miles from the nearest beaches at Argelès, occasional rail noise from adjacent line
- Collioure ten miles, Perpignan 12 miles, Spanish border at le Perthus 15 miles, Narbonne 55 miles
- Modern facilities set in Catalan-style buildings surrounded by lush vegetation
- High season – lovely family site with lots of family activities, relaxed setting away from the coastal crush
- Low season – excellent for exploring the coast, the eastern Pyrenees and the bastide towns and castles of the Cathar country; bar and restaurant services operate most of season
- Sister site to Ma Prairie (MED02)
- Owned and run by the Gil family, English spoken
- 2015, 4.7-22.8 minimum stay 3 nights
- Maximum unit length 7m
- BBQs permitted (gas and electric only)
- Communal charcoal BBQs
- Dogs welcome (one per pitch)
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Part-shaded and shaded pitches; most with electricity (10A), some with water and drainage
Modern wash blocks
Communal BBQs, new area in 2014, including a picnic area
Wi-Fi on some pitches (charge).
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.